Salisbury School | Elyse Harney Real Estate
Elyse Harney Real Estate

Salisbury School

Salisbury School is an all-boys, private college-preparatory boarding school founded in 1901 and located in Salisbury, Connecticut. Its school newspaper is The Cupola. Its mascot is the Crimson Knight. The School’s motto is Essequam videri, which translates “To be rather than to seem to be”.

The Reverend George Emerson Quaile founded Salisbury School in 1901 after serving as headmaster of St. Austin’s School on Staten Island in New York from 1894 to 1901.  Dr. Quaile purchased a tract of farmland, known at the time as Frink Farm, for the present site of the School.  Overlooking the Taconic mountain range and deep in the Heart of the Berkshires, a Main Building was constructed under Dr. Quaile’s direction.