Horses drank from the Salisbury Kettles | Elyse Harney Real Estate
Elyse Harney Real Estate

Horses drank from the Salisbury Kettles

There were at one time three stone watering kettles in Salisbury, all carved by John Garrity out of stone from Spurr’s Marble Quarry off Cleaveland Street in Lakeville.

The stone kettle at the corner of Wells Hill Road and Old Asylum Road is dated 1896 and served the water needs of the horses who came to race at the Wells Hill Driving Park.

The Lakeville Journal:  Click Here to read the full article